To promote a reading culture and to help our students develop good reading habits, we provide our students with:
- school-based Primary Literacy Programme - Reading and Writing Lessons (Primary 1-2);
- regular Reading Lessons (Primary 3-6); and
- various online reading platforms, including HKEdCity and Highlights Library.
In order to enable our students to become confident writers, we offer our students:
- quality writing exercises (e.g. Sentence-making, Writing Tasks);
- platforms for creative writing (e.g. My Voice); and
- opportunities to participate in writing competitions (e.g. Arch Cup).
3. Listening and Speaking
Listening and speaking skills are very important for communication. We equip our students to be excellent listeners and speakers by providing them with:
- opportunities to communicate with teachers and classmates in English both in class and outside the classroom (e.g. English Day activities); and
- programmes and extracurricular activities which help polish their listening and speaking skills and allow them to use the skills they have acquired in authentic settings and situations (e.g. uBuddy Programme, Cambridge Course, Drama Class).
4. Our NET
Our school has one NET (Native-speaking English Teacher) who helps to cultivate our students’ English language skills and enhance their language competence by conducting regular Primary Literacy Programme - Reading and Writing Lessons (Primary 1-2) and Speaking Lessons (Primary 3-6).
In order to enrich our English language curriculum and pave the way for our students to become autonomous learners, we have been infusing e-Learning into our lessons for all Primary 1-6 students. Students enjoy the interactive nature of the lessons and they are gradually starting to direct their own learning so that they will eventually be able to learn autonomously.
The following are some of the e-Learning tools we use:
- Google Classroom
6. Life-wide Learning (LWL)
Mastering all four English language skills is undoubtedly important. At the same time, we believe that it is also important to extend our students’ knowledge and experience of other cultures and to enable their personal and intellectual development. Therefore, we strive to bring our students diverse learning experiences. Here are a few examples:
- Co-curricular Activities
- uBuddy Programme
- Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association Talk
- My Australian Christmas Card Competition
- Halloween Activities