The overall aims of the English curriculum are:
- to provide every learner of English with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium; and
- to enable every learner to prepare for the changing socioeconomic demands resulting from advancement in information technology; these demands include the interpretation, use and production of materials for pleasure, study or work in the English medium.
The subject target is for learners to develop an ever-improving capability to use English:
- to think and communicate;
- to acquire, develop and apply knowledge; and
- to respond and give expression to experience; and within these contexts, to develop and apply an ever-increasing understanding of how language is organized, used and learned.
Priorities for 2021-2022
Our priorities for the coming school year are:
- to further develop our positive school culture;
- to enhance students’ creativity, autonomous learning capability and problem- solving skills;
- to cater for learner diversity; and
- to enhance students’language competence.